Odyssey Ambassadors is an educational leadership program that focused on helping students develop and practice multicultural competency skills. Participants are trained to facilitate conversations and presentations and develop creative and informational ways to engage the UCF community in Diversity and Inclusion topics. Students learn to interact and support communities through cultural emersion trips and service-learning initiatives.
This program is to serve as a High Impact Practice (HIP). The goal is for members to enrich the UCF student-learning environment, develop culturally relevant leadership skills, and serve as a model for inclusive excellence.
Launched in Spring 2021, the Ginsburg Center for Inclusion and Community Engagement Office of Diversity Education and Training Odyssey Ambassador program’s mission was to serve as student liaisons to the UCF community on issues of diversity and inclusion at UCF. The vision was for members to have the opportunity to have direct access to the administration on diversity and inclusion matters, enrich the UCF student-learning environment and enhance their leadership competencies by exploring facets of diversity, and exhibit that knowledge through leadership and service experiences in the UCF and greater Orlando community. Since its inception, the program seeks to continually grow and evolve to give voice to the student body it represents.
- Must complete all foundational courses for the Unity Star Certificate before acceptance into the program
- Sophomore Standing or Higher (by credit)
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Minimum 1 academic year (3 semesters) commitment
- Availability to attend monthly meetings or training sessions (Last Wednesday of each month, 4:30 pm -6:30 pm)
Program Leadership Opportunities:
- Recruitment chair
- Marketing Coordinator
- Service Events Coordinator
- Special Programs & Events Coordinator
Apply to be an Odyssey Ambassador
Accepted members will join a cohort of peers committed to fostering Inclusive excellence.
The application closes on September 23, 2022, at 12 pm.
- Program Stipend per semester
- Additional compensation for Leadership positions
- Paid Professional development
- Funded travel opportunities
- Co-curricular Transcript Notation
- Odyssey Ambassador gear