Results of the Standing Survey, What Does Respect Mean to You?
From August 17-21, 2015
Are you ready to Commit To Respect?
Visit RespectUCF.com and sign the pledge.
RESPECT UCF seeks to persuade the UCF community to
- engage with each other, recognizing and valuing each life as exceptional, in agreement or disagreement, in a manner that appreciates our distinctive experience and perspective as an opportunity to learn and to professionally achieve our highest potential, and
- contribute to and hold each other accountable for a culture that honors diversity, expects nondiscriminatory language, acknowledges the dignity of every individual, welcomes the opportunity to learn from and empower each other, recognizes that we are all a collection of identities and experiences rather than a living symbol of a singular stereotype.
DIVERSITY DEFINITIONS DOCUMENT
At UCF we encourage Engaging, Exploring and Advancing an Inclusive CultureCLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW WE DEFINE DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND CULTURAL COMPETENCY.
DOCUMENTO DE DEFINICIONES DE DIVERSIDAD
En UCF fomentamos la participación, la exploración y el avance de una cultura inclusivaOPRIMA AQUÍ PARA APRENDER COMO DEFINIMOS DIVERSIDAD, INCLUSIÓN, Y CAPACIDAD CULTURAL.
UCF is strongest as a higher education institution, employer and community leader when we bring diverse thought and experience to our decision-making, teaching, research, and interactions among community members. Respect for and the inclusion of diverse voices
- drive innovative thought and action;
- maximize the talent and contributions of faculty, staff and students;
- improve recruitment and retention; and
- build a campus more representative of our constituents and Central Florida partners
Recognizing that each of us is an intersection of many aspects of diversity emphasizes the complexity of our experiences and the need to develop a culture that appreciates difference and sees diversity as a strength in our role as educational leaders.
Join the conversation, we’ll be hosting RESPECT UCF events throughout the year, also Tweet your shared love of culture, language and respect @RESPECTUCF #RESPECTUCF
"BE YOU" STORY PROJECT
The UCF Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is continuing the “BE YOU” Storytelling Project – the sharing of the life stories of our diverse students, faculty and staff in our semester newsletter, as well as at campus events. Every member of the UCF community brings their own life story and combination of identities and experiences to our campus, and UCF is the richer for it.Share your story