2017-2018 LEP Application
What is it?
The UCF Leadership Empowerment Program provides leadership development opportunities for program scholars to gain career enhancing skills and leadership experiences in today’s dynamic higher educational environment.
Who is eligible?
Employees from under-represented minority identities, such as women, people of color and LGBTQ, who have worked at UCF in a full-time USPS, A&P, or Faculty position for at least three years from their date of employment by July 1 of the current year are eligible to apply for the Leadership Empowerment Program.
What are the Benefits?
- During the year-long program, monthly seminars are hosted by participating institutions. Key administrators, as well as state or national leadership development or subject-area experts, present to the group.
- A Professional Development Grant is awarded to participating scholars to use toward the professional activity of their choice.
- A mentor is assigned to further develop LEP scholars’ professional knowledge, skills, and abilities as a means of reaching their career goals.
- LEP scholars organize, sponsor, and implement a Leadership Institute each spring semester.
- Career planning is an integral part of the program. Building a professional portfolio and completing a career map presentation are core assignments. Scholars are able to network with the most talented leaders within the university.
- A graduation reception is held during the Spring Semester to celebrate successful program completion.
- Those who successfully complete LEP are entitled to a waiver of posting for a UCF position. LEP graduates have become Vice-Presidents, Provosts, Directors, and other high-level administrators at various institutions of higher education. Although there is no guarantee that scholars will receive promotions, the Leadership Enhancement Program has helped many higher education professionals achieve their goals.
When is the deadline for application?
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, March 17, 2017. Please note, one of the requirements for participation in the Leadership Empowerment Program is attendance at all sessions, including both days of the Orientation which will be held at ODI Training Room Barbara Ying Center CMMS Rm 140 on August 17 and 18, 2017 from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Please upload your resume, essay, supervisor support form, supervisor letter of recommendation, high-resolution headshot photo.
Please download the supervisor support form and submit via the file upload below.