LEADERSHIP EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM
LEP provides opportunities for selected faculty and staff to gain career-enhancing skills and experiences in today’s changing educational environment. The program engages scholars in an exploration of leadership principles and strategies, professional skills, and higher education issues through self-reflection, mentorship, engagement with dozens of guest speakers, and project development. See Sample LEP Projects.
The LEP 2020-21 Application Deadline has been EXTENDED to 04/15/2020 at 5pm.
The UCF Office of Diversity and Inclusion congratulates these rising stars for their commitment to their careers. Their advancement benefits the entire UCF community.
LEP Class of 2019-2020
A Special Thank You to our LEP Mentors!
Arian Bryant, Director of Residence Life and Education, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Dr. Pamela “Sissi” Carroll, Associate Director of Office of Student Involvement, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Chantel Carter, Dean of College of Education and Human Performance, College of Community Innovation and Education
Dr. Reshawna Chapple, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
Dr. Adrienne Frame, Associate Vice President and Dean of Students, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Renee Grigor, Director of Talent Acquisition, Human Resources
Dr. Ronnie Korosec, Associate Provost and Chief of Staff, Academic Affairs
Boyd Lindsley, Senior Associate Director, Nicholson School of Communications and Media
Dr. Stacey Malaret, Director of LEAD Scholars, Student Development and Enrollment Services
David Pavlonnis, Assistant Vice President, Budget & HR, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Dr. Sheila Pineres, Dean and Professor of Public Administration, Burnett Honors College
Dr. DeLaine Priest, Associate Vice President of Student Success, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Dr. Linda Sullivan, Assistant Vice President, IKM & Institutional Data Administrator, Institutional Knowledge Management
Brandi Stuart, Executive Associate Athletics Director, UCF Athletics
Dr. Brenda Thompson, Director of Community Engagement, College of Community Innovation and Education
Who is eligible?
Employees from under-represented minority identities, such as women, people of color and LGBTQ, who have worked at UCF in a full-time USPS, A&P, or Faculty position for at least three years from their date of employment by July 1 of the current year are eligible to apply for the Leadership Empowerment Program.
What are the Benefits?
- Monthly Seminars – A core of seminars is designed around specific themes relevant to higher education administration in general and professional development. Combined with focused learning experiences, these seminars serve as the foundation upon which LEP scholars tailor the program to meet their individual needs and career goals.
- Mentors – Participants will be assigned a mentor to work with them to further develop their professional knowledge, skills and abilities during the program.
- Leadership Institute – The annual leadership institute, offered during the spring semester and managed by the LEP class, features a variety of leadership workshop sessions. It also allows members of the current class to present elements of their LEP project or career map.
- Graduation Reception – LEP graduates and their supporters will celebrate the successful completion of the program with a certificate and reflections on the year of growth.
- Graduates of the program are eligible for a one-time waiver of search for a position at UCF.
Application Deadline: 04/15/2020 at 5pm
LEP Dates – 2020/2021
August 13, 2020
August 14, 2020
September 25, 2020
October 23, 2020
November 13, 2020
January 22, 2021
February 19, 2021
March 25, 2021 (Project Presentations)
March 26, 2021 (Closing Session)
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Call (407) 823-6479 or e-mail at LEP@ucf.edu