LEADERSHIP EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM
LEP provides opportunities for selected faculty and staff to gain career-enhancing skills and experiences in today’s changing educational environment. The program engages scholars in an exploration of leadership principles and strategies, professional skills, and higher education issues through self-reflection, mentorship, engagement with dozens of guest speakers, and project development. See Sample LEP Projects.
2018-19 LEP Online Application is Closed.
The UCF Office of Diversity and Inclusion congratulates these rising stars for their commitment to their careers. Their advancement benefits the entire UCF community.
LEP Class of 2017-2018
Who is eligible?
Employees from under-represented minority identities, such as women, people of color and LGBTQ, who have worked at UCF in a full-time USPS, A&P, or Faculty position for at least three years from their date of employment by July 1 of the current year are eligible to apply for the Leadership Empowerment Program.
What are the Benefits?
- Monthly Seminars – A core of seminars is designed around specific themes relevant to higher education administration in general and professional development. Combined with focused learning experiences, these seminars serve as the foundation upon which LEP scholars tailor the program to meet their individual needs and career goals.
- Mentors – Participants will be assigned a mentor to work with them to further develop their professional knowledge, skills and abilities during the program.
- Leadership Institute – The annual leadership institute, offered during the spring semester and managed by the LEP class, features a variety of leadership workshop sessions. It also allows members of the current class to present elements of their LEP project or career map.
- Graduation Reception – LEP graduates and their supporters will celebrate the successful completion of the program with a certificate and reflections on the year of growth.
- Graduates of the program are eligible for a one-time waiver of search for a position at UCF.
Need more information?
Contact Dr. Cyndia Muñiz
(407) 823-6478 or
e-mail at LEP@ucf.edu