LEADERSHIP EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM
LEP provides opportunities for selected faculty and staff to gain career-enhancing skills and experiences in today’s changing educational environment. The program engages scholars in an exploration of leadership principles and strategies, professional skills, and higher education issues through self-reflection, mentorship, engagement with dozens of guest speakers, and project development. See Sample LEP Projects.
The LEP 2020-21 Application Deadline has been Closed.
The UCF Office of Diversity and Inclusion congratulates these rising stars for their commitment to their careers. Their advancement benefits the entire UCF community.
A Special Thank You to our LEP Mentors!
Mr. Arian Bryant, Director of Residence Life and Education, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Dr. Candice Bridge, Associate Professor of Chemistry and the National Center for Forensic Science
Dr. Melody Bowdon, Associate Vice Provost of Student Learning & Academic Success, Associate Dean of the College of Undergraduate Studies, and Professor of Writing & Rhetoric
Dr. Pamela “Sissi” Carroll, Dean of College of Education and Human Performance, College of Community Innovation and Education
Ms. Chantel Carter, Associate Director of Office of Student Involvement, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Dr. Adrienne Frame, Associate Vice President and Dean of Students, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Ms. Courtney Gilmartin, Director, UCF Communications
Mr. Robert “REL” Larkin, MD Admissions, UCF College of Medicine
Dr. Boyd Lindsley, Senior Associate Director, Nicholson School of Communications and Media
Dr. Rudy McDaniel, Director, School of Visual Arts and Design
Mr. David Pavlonnis, Assistant Vice President, Budget & HR, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Dr. DeLaine Priest, Associate Vice President of Student Success
Ms. Patricia Ramsey, Director, Institutional Knowledge Management
Dr. LeeAnn Roberts, Interim Director of Diversity and Inclusion, UCF College of Engineering & Computer Science
Dr. Linda I. Rosa-Lugo, Associate Dean, College of Health Professions and Sciences
Dr. Linda Sullivan, Assistant Vice President, IKM & Institutional Data Administrator, Institutional Knowledge Management
Dr. Chanda Torres, Assistant Vice President, Downtown Student Services, Student Development and Enrollment Services
Who is eligible?
Employees from under-represented minority identities, such as women, people of color and LGBTQ, who have worked at UCF in a full-time USPS, A&P, or Faculty position for at least three years from their date of employment by July 1 of the current year are eligible to apply for the Leadership Empowerment Program.
What are the Benefits?
- Monthly Seminars – A core of seminars is designed around specific themes relevant to higher education administration in general and professional development. Combined with focused learning experiences, these seminars serve as the foundation upon which LEP scholars tailor the program to meet their individual needs and career goals.
- Mentors – Participants will be assigned a mentor to work with them to further develop their professional knowledge, skills and abilities during the program.
- Leadership Institute – The annual leadership institute, offered during the spring semester and managed by the LEP class, features a variety of leadership workshop sessions. It also allows members of the current class to present elements of their LEP project or career map.
- Graduation Reception – LEP graduates and their supporters will celebrate the successful completion of the program with a certificate and reflections on the year of growth.
- Graduates of the program are eligible for a one-time waiver of search for a position at UCF.
Application Deadline: Closed.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020-21 LEP Cohort.
LEP Dates – 2020/2021
August 13, 2020
August 14, 2020
September 25, 2020
October 23, 2020
November 13, 2020
January 22, 2021
February 19, 2021
March 25, 2021 (Project Presentations)
March 26, 2021 (Closing Session)
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Contact us by Phone or Email
(407) 823-6479 | LEP@ucf.edu