Month: January 2019
What is it?
The UCF Leadership Empowerment Program provides leadership development opportunities for program scholars to gain career enhancing skills and leadership experiences in today’s dynamic higher educational environment.
Who is eligible?
Employees from under-represented minority identities, such as women, people of color and LGBTQ, who have worked at UCF in a full-time USPS, A&P, or Faculty position for at least three years from their date of employment by July 1 of the current year are eligible to apply for the Leadership Empowerment Program.
What are the Benefits?
- During the year-long program, monthly seminars are hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Key administrators, as well as state or national leadership development or subject-area experts, present to the group.
- A Professional Development Grant is awarded to participating scholars to use toward the professional activity of their choice.
- A mentor is assigned to further develop LEP scholars’ professional knowledge, skills, and abilities as a means of reaching their career goals.
- LEP scholars organize, sponsor, and implement a Leadership Institute each spring semester.
- Career planning is an integral part of the program. Building a professional portfolio and completing a career map presentation are core assignments. Scholars are able to network with the most talented leaders within the university.
- A graduation reception is held during the Spring Semester to celebrate successful program completion.
- Those who successfully complete LEP are entitled to a waiver of posting for a UCF position. LEP graduates have become Vice-Presidents, Provosts, Directors, and other high-level administrators at various institutions of higher education. Although there is no guarantee that scholars will receive promotions, the Leadership Enhancement Program has helped many higher education professionals achieve their goals.
When is the deadline for application?
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, March 9, 2018. Please note, one of the requirements for participation in the Leadership Empowerment Program is attendance at all sessions. Session dates are:
- August 9, 2018
- August 10, 2018
- September 7, 2018
- October 5, 2018
- November 2, 2018
- November 30, 2018
- January 25, 2019
- February 22, 2019
- April 12, 2019
Additionally, Scholars conduct the Leadership Institute (required) scheduled for March 28, 2019. Graduation for LEP is tentatively scheduled for April 19, 2019.
Please upload your resume, essay, supervisor support form, supervisor letter of recommendation, high-resolution headshot photo.
Please download the supervisor support form and submit via the file upload below.