2019-20 LEP Application
What is it?
The UCF Leadership Empowerment Program provides leadership development opportunities for program scholars to gain career enhancing skills and leadership experiences in today’s dynamic higher educational environment.
Who is eligible?
Employees from under-represented minority identities, such as women, people of color and LGBTQ individuals, who have worked at UCF in a full-time USPS, A&P, or Faculty position for at least three years from their date of employment by July 1 of the current year are eligible to apply for the Leadership Empowerment Program.
What are the Benefits?
- During the year-long program, monthly seminars are hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Key administrators, as well as state or national leadership development or subject-area experts, present to the group.
- A Professional Development Grant is awarded to participating scholars to use toward the professional activity of their choice.
- A mentor is assigned to further develop LEP scholars’ professional knowledge, skills, and abilities as a means of reaching their career goals.
- LEP scholars organize, sponsor, and implement a Leadership Institute each spring semester.
- Career planning is an integral part of the program. Building a professional portfolio and completing a career map presentation are core assignments. Scholars are able to network with the most talented leaders within the university.
- A graduation reception is held during the Spring Semester to celebrate successful program completion.
- Those who successfully complete LEP are entitled to a waiver of posting for a UCF position. LEP graduates have become Vice-Presidents, Provosts, Directors, and other high-level administrators at various institutions of higher education. Although there is no guarantee that scholars will receive promotions, the Leadership Enhancement Program has helped many higher education professionals achieve their goal.
When is the deadline for application?
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, March 8, 2019. Please note, one of the requirements for participation in the Leadership Empowerment Program is attendance at all sessions. Session dates are:
- August 8, 2019
- August 9, 2019
- September 27, 2019
- October 25, 2019
- November 15, 2019
- January 24, 2020
- February 21, 2020
- March 26, 2020 Project Presentations
- March 27, 2020 Closing Session
- April 2, 2020 – campus-wide LEP Leadership Institute
- April 6, 2020 – LEP Graduation
Complete the form and submit additional documents electronically:
Please upload your resume, essay, and high-resolution headshot photo.
Please have your supervisor send the Supervisor Support Form and a letter of reference to Dr. Cyndia Muñiz at LEP@ucf.edu.