A Model for Latino College Success
What is CREAR Futuros?
CREAR Futuros, which means “To Create Futures” in Spanish, is a peer-mentor based initiative designed to improve Latino student success at UCF. CREAR (College REadiness, Achievement and Retention) Freshmen/Sophomores will be paired with knowledgeable and highly trained upper-classman UCF Peer-Mentors that will introduce them to campus resources and offer insight on how to make the most out of their UCF experience.
- Peer Mentors and Mentees must engage in weekly communication
- Peer Mentors and Mentees must attend monthly interactive group activities
Even though the focus of this program is Latino student success, all students are welcome to apply and participate regardless of racial/ethnic background.
CREAR Futuros BrochureClick here to learn more about CREAR Futuros at UCF
CREAR Futuros Mentees
- Must have Freshman/Sophomore standing
- Will be assigned a Peer-Mentor on a first come, first served basis
- Must demonstrate a serious commitment to the program by participating in scheduled activities when possible.
Please email Mentee Intake Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Mentor will be back in touch with you.Intake form
CREAR Futuros Mentors
- Must have Junior/Senior standing
- Must have a 3.3+ GPA
- Must have already held a leadership position at UCF
- Must commit 20 hours/week to the program
- Must commit to ongoing mentorship of 12-15 Mentees for the academic year
- Must submit monthly narrative reports to Campus Liaison
Mentor Applications are now available! Apply today! Submission deadline is 5:00PM on June 9, 2017.Apply to be a mentor