A Model for Latino College Success
What is CREAR Futuros?
CREAR Futuros, which means “To Create Futures” in Spanish, is a peer-mentor based initiative designed to improve student success at targeted UCF colleges.
CREAR (College Readiness, Achievement and Retention) students will be paired with knowledgeable and highly trained upper-class UCF peer-mentors that will introduce them to campus resources, provide tips on stress and time management, and offer insight on how to make the most out of their time at UCF.
Am I eligible?
Students who have an interest in improving the success rates for Latinos in higher education are encouraged to apply quickly and are selected on a first come, first serve basis.This program is open to incoming freshman, sophomore, and newly admitted transfer students of all races and ethnicities, attending:
- University of Central Florida (UCF)
- Mentors must have a 3.3+ GPA
CREAR Futuros Brochure - Florida
Click here to learn more about CREAR Futuros - Florida
What are my responsibilities?
- Engage in weekly communication with peer-mentor
- Participate in weekly Mentor/Mentee learning community forums
- Attend two community-building events per semester with peer-mentors and fellow mentees