Women's History Month
The 2018 UCF Women’s History Month Poster contest is open for UCF faculty, staff and students to submit their proposal for this year’s campus poster! Rules are described below and at 2018 Poster contest.
- DEADLINE: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 12:00 Noon EST
- Please direct all questions to (407) 823-6479 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The UCF community of faculty, students, and staff are joining together to celebrate women’s history month and to highlight women’s achievements and challenges to gender equity. The national women’s history month project began in the 1970’s; the U.S. Congress declared March as national women’s history month in 1987. This effort is intended to promote UCF traditions honoring women faculty, staff, and students, and encourage the entire campus to use March 2018 as a platform for recognizing and improving the lives of women affiliated with our campus.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion intends to produce a poster for campus distribution that raises awareness of the month’s activities. International Women’s Day is March 8th. Equal Pay Day is April 10th. The 2018 national history month theme “recognizes the intersecting forms of discrimination women have faced, and continue to face, throughout American history and celebrates the diverse women who have fought, and continue to fight, discrimination at all level and in all forms.” Poster contributors this year can pick any visuals to convey the national women’s history month theme — #NEVERTHELESS SHE PERSISTED: Honoring Women Who Fight All Forms of Discrimination Against Women.
Winner of the 2017 Women's History Month Poster Contest
Congrats to Mrudula Peddinti for designing the 2017 Women’s History Month Poster!Enlarged for print
AWARDS: Grand Prize – $250, campus and community recognition, online display
- UCF faculty, staff, and students may submit entries.
- Designs should be new, original work. Please do not submit work previously done for a client. Design can be part of an extra credit piece for a class.
- Be advised that ODI will add logo and event information to the winning poster.
- See www.brand.ucf.edu for UCF Marketing’s Brand and Identity Guidelines.
- Present designs in vertical/portrait format.
- Participants may submit up to two (2) designs.
- 18” width x 24” height
- 300 DPI
- PDF Format
- Maximum file size 50MB
DEADLINE: Friday, February 2, 2018 at 12:00 Noon EST Please direct all questions to (407) 823-6479 or email@example.com
International Women's Day Student Profiles
Check back for new student profiles throughout Women’s History Month honoring our international students!I AM THE FACE OF UCF
Equal Pay Day at UCF
“Equal Means Equal” Screening: March 30, 6-9pm, HPA 1 room 112
Equal Pay Day – April 4 in the Student Union Atrium all day; group photo at 4pm at the Reflecting Pond – bring your friends and WEAR RED!